ProTA is a complete market analysis solution designed specifically for the
Mac OS X investor/trader. Powerful features and ease-of-use are balanced in a way both beginners and seasoned traders will appreciate.
A full suite of integrated tools covers every aspect of computer-based charting and analysis:
• Fast, free, fully automated data downloading with additional support to import dozens of data formats
• Object-oriented charting interface offers easy point-and-click, intuitive control and total customization
• Tabular displays and rankings based on dozens of built-in fundamental or custom technical calculations
• Database scanning and ranking
• Trade system modeling and parameter optimization
• Over 100 bundled technical indicators, line studies, smartlists
• ProTAscript is a built-in trader's programming language: design your own models and analytics!
Make Better Trades
No other market analysis software offers all of the modern innovations included in ProTA.
Please explore ProTA's features in our Visual Tour below.
Compare ProTA feature-for-feature with your current software.
Why not try ProTA first-hand? Download the free trial right now!
When you're ready to order, use our secure online ordering.
Recent additions: See what's new in ProTA 4.1
Chart Suites are the central document in the ProTA workflow.
A simple point-and-click interface allows any element to be inspected and edited.
Anatomy of a Chart Suite
Both panels to the left and right of the charts area can be
toggled to slide in and out of view as needed.
Each row in the Content Table is associated with a chart in the Chart Suite.
Up to 64 columns of user-configurable information can be
automatically calculated for the securities in the table.
The File Browser provides one-click access to all of the ProTA files that can be
applied to customize the various components of the Chart Suite.
Over 100 industry-standard indicators, line studies, and plotting approaches are included.
For comparative analysis, up to 25 chart views can be displayed at once in a grid.
The above example shows a 1x3 arrangement. 22 unique grid options are just a click away.
Every element of a chart is user-configurable in terms of display style, colors, and parameters.
The above example shows a black background chart, with the Browser/Inspector
panel hidden for additional charting real estate.
6 - 7
The TickerPicker is the central repository for ProTA's market data.
Track thousands of tickers, each with up to 100 years of historical data
stored locally on your hard drive for fast access.
Set it and forget it, integrated, free data maintenance via Yahoo! Finance (personal usage)
can be configured to automatically refresh your data throughout the trading day
as well as a final update in the evening after the markets have settled.
ProTA includes a handy database of traded stocks, mutual funds and indexes
that are obtainable via the integrated Data Downloader.
(USA , Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Hong Kong, Singapore are currently supported this way! All other countries are supported by simply typing in any Yahoo! ticker symbols to be tracked.)
ProTA's Universal Text Importer (UTI) automatically detects, parses, and imports a wide variety of data formats. Virtually any comma, tab or space delimited text file is supported. The UTI is a great tool for importing
web-based data vendor files (such as eoddata.com) to track securities that cannot be provided
by Yahoo! Finance (such as Options and Futures).
3 - 4
Authoring Custom Analytics
ProTAscript is a simple yet powerful formula-building language, exclusive to ProTA. If you have ever written a formula in a spreadsheet application, you are already well on your way to understanding ProTAscript.
Learn it once, use it often: The same ProTAscript language is used to author your own
Custom Indicators, Smartlist criteria and Trading System rules.
Expand and adapt your analyses as the markets change.
Custom Indicators allow you to expand upon ProTA's built-in Indicators - or craft your own from scratch.
Smartlists: Automatically find the securities that meet your own custom criteria, for example
"Up or Down > 2% Today" or "All stocks crossing above their 200 day average on above average volume".
As ProTA's data downloader updates your database throughout the day, your Charts, Indicators, and Smartlists are all automatically refreshed to display the items currently meeting your parameters.
4 - 4
ProTA includes a simple interface for specifying your own trading models.
With access to the entire ProTAscript language for your buy and sell rules, you can
define a extremely wide range of trading systems based upon your own logic.
Model the real world in your Trading Systems including
trade size, execution rules, stops, commissions, slippage, interest earned on idle funds.
Extremely fast evaluation algorithms compute hundreds of statistics and data points for each test.
10 System Test Reports are available including this Test Summary Report.
Other reports include Trade Listings, P&L Analysis, Day Analysis,
Equity Rollforward, Risk Adjusted Performance.
Visualize the results of your trading ideas with dozens of display options.
In the above chart, we plotted a Trading System using Paint Bars (Bars are painted a unique color if the model is Long, Short or Flat) along with Enter/Exit Arrows and an Equity Line beneath.
3 - 4
Your Feature Requests Are Our Top Priority
BeeSoft has been committed exclusively to the Mac platform since 1995, and today ProTA is used worldwide in over 45 countries. Thanks to our customer's support and
feedback, our feature list has grown to an unmatched level of
performance and productivity for the Mac OS X trader.
Stocks • Mutual Funds • Indexes • Futures • Options • Bonds • Spot Markets • General Market
Yahoo! Finance (fully automated via internet downloading, for personal use) • MetaStock ASCII formats • Spreadsheets (Excel, etc.) • Text files (Any tab, comma or space delimited formats) • ASCII Data DVD's • Dial Data (fully automated via internet downloading, account required) • Virtually any web-based data source that provides data in a comma, tab or space delimited format
• Securities: Unlimited in number, 100+ years of daily data per file
• Editing: Integrated spreadsheet-like interface
• Automatic Internet Downloading: Via Yahoo! (free for personal use) or Dial Data (optional, fee service)
• Importing: Universal Text Importer handles virtually all ASCII text formats; Copy/Paste entire files
• Manual data entry: Integrated spreadsheet-like interface
• Price Adjustments: Stock splits, Mutual Funds distributions, Futures continuous contract rollovers
• Chart Object-orientation: Total control over customization of all chart objects
• Chart Body: Customize colors and style for body background, main heading text, axes and gridlines
• Time (X) Axis: 100 levels of spacing/zoom, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly, Calendar periodicity automatically calculated and displayed, custom date range specification, blank date padding at end of chart
• Price (Y) Axes: Left/Right/Both/Hidden locations, automatic or manual scaling, logarithmic scaling
• Panes: Unlimited number of sub-panes per chart window; resize, relocate, zoom, hide any pane
• Plots & Line Studies: Unlimited in number and overlay, drag and drop to relocate, click to reconfigure color/style/parameters, merge overlays in a common price scale or use separate scaling
• Exporting: Any plotted Indicator or price line
• Text & Symbol Annotations: Unlimited; customize color, background, border; place arrows and/or text notes
• Cursor Tools: Crosshairs for color-coded pricing displays of all plots under the cursor; Line tool to draw trendlines and define line studies
• Templates: Unlimited; apply manually or assign to groups of charts
• Sequential Viewing: mouse click, keyboard shortcuts
• Multiple Chart Window Management: Grid tools, save Suites of charts (unlimited in size), automatic Content and/or Time Axis synchronization
• Printing: High resolution charts to your printer or pdf files
Accumulation/Distribution • Adjusted Data Lines • Advancing/Declining Issues • Average True Range • Bars • Bollinger Bands • Bollinger Put Volume Indicator • Bull/Bear Power • Candlesticks • Chaikin Oscillator • Commodity Channel Index • Comparison Overlays • Detrended Price Oscillator • Directional Movement System • Ease of Movement • Elder Ray • Force Index • Linear Regression Forecast (End-Point Moving Average) • Market Facilitation Index • Median Price • Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD) • McClellan Oscillator • Money Flow Index • Moving Averages (Simple, Exponential, Weighted) • Negative Volume Index • Net New Highs/Lows • On Balance Volume • Open Interest • Paint Bars • Parabolic SAR • Performance • Point & Figure • Positive Volume Index • Price Volume Trend • Put/Call Ratio • Rate of Change • Relative Performance • Relative Strength Index • Spreads • Standard Deviations • Stochastics • TRIN/Arms Index • Typical Price • Up/Down Volume • Volatility • Volume • Weighted Closes • Williams' Accumulation/Distribution • Williams' %R • Zig Zag
AROON Oscillator • AROON Up/Down • Balance of Market Power • Center of Gravity • Chande Momentum Oscillator • Chande TrendScore • Coppock Curve • Disparity Index • Guppy Multiple Moving Average • Historical Volatility Ratio • Inverse Fisher Transformation • Mass Index • Normalized RSI • PRO-GO • StochRSI • Trend Intensity Index • True Strength Index • Ulcer Index • Ultimate Oscillator • Vertical Horizontal Filter • Vortex Indicator • Calendar Month Performance • Day of Week Performance • Seasonal Performance • KST • Donchian Channels • Ichimoku • Keltner Channels
• Chart Customization: Colors, line styles, all computational parameters
• Bars: Paint certain bars a unique color based on your own technical conditions
• Candles: Built-in identification for over 20 common patterns
• Indicator Smoothing/Oscillators: Plot moving averages of Indicators; plot the difference between the indicator and its moving average (oscillator)
Cycle Lines • Fibonacci Retracements • Horizontal Line • Linear Regression • Range Ruler • Trendlines (Auto-snap to connect Highs or Lows) • Vertical Line
• Table Sorting: Based on any combination of fields
• Unlimited user-customized Columns Templates
• Drag-and-drop positioning and sizing of columns, add/remove securities individually or batch
• Dozens of automatically calculated table fields: • Security Name • Security Type • Quote values: Open High, Low, Close, Volume, Open Interest; Latest, One Day Prior, One Week Prior, One Month Prior, One Year Prior, End of Last Month, First of This Month, End of Last Year, First of This Year, First Date in Data File, Purchase Date, Specified Date • Price change: Raw Value or % Change; based on any pricing field; One Day, One Week, One Month, Three Months, Six Months, One Year, Week-to-Date, Month-to-Date, Year-to-Date, Since First Date in Data File, Since Purchase Date, Since Specified Date • Range: High - Low Price Range, High of Range, Low of Range, % From Range High, % From range Low, New High/Low Flag; same period options as listed above • Moving average comparisons: Simple, Exponential, Weighted; Raw Moving Average, Points Above/Below Moving Average, % Above/Below Moving Average, Above/Below Flag, Crossover Flag • Volume comparisons: Today's Volume vs. Average Volume • Candlestick Pattern • Quote File Audit • Combine TA ranking displays with Portfolio Tracking fields (below)
• User-input fields: • Purchase Date • Purchase Date • Number of Shares or Contracts • Multiplier (for Futures positions) • Purchase Price • Purchase Commission • Sales Date • Sales Price • Sales Commission • Trade Comments
• Automatically calculated fields: • Cost Basis • Sales Value • Days Owned • P&L • Return on Investment (ROI)
• Display and Rank: Extended Dollar or Per Share equivalents, open positions, close positions or all positions, P&L and ROI from purchase date or YTD, MTD, WTD, 12 month, one month, one week, one day, or since any specified date, raw or annualized ROI
• ProTAscript: Built-in formula-writing language to design and implement your own analyses or those published by others in books/web sites: • 40 common pre-written indicator elements • 24 built-in Candlestick patterns • 20 Math functions (Sum, Log, Slope, etc.) • 4 Date functions (DayOfWeek, DayOfMonth, Day, Month) • Standard formula/programming operands (+, -, *, /, >, <, >=, <=, =, <>,AND, OR, etc.) • Dozens of special sub-functions to assist and ease the process of writing your own indicators (Highest, Lowest, BarsSince, CrossAbove, IsRising, PeakValue, etc.)
• Customize rules for: Enter Long, Exit Long, Enter Short, Exit Short • Specify stops: Stop Loss, Profit Stop, Trailing Stops, Inactivity Stops, Max Trade Len • Simulate real-world accounting: Commissions, Slippage, Idle Funds Interest Rate • Batch testing/ranking: Multiple securities or Multiple systems • Dozens of system/trade statistic results automatically provided: %winners/losers, drawdowns, risk/reward ratios, day analyses, trade analyses, trade listing, equity analysis, etc. • Charting displays: Buy/Sell arrows, shadings, P&L notations, PaintBars, equity line, etc.
• Maximum parameters to optimize per model: 5 • Optimizing options: Net P&L, % P&L, number of trades, Avg. P&L per trade, Max/Min Drawdown, Risk/Reward Ratio, vs. Buy&Hold, etc.
• Unlimited compound and multiple conditional criteria • Smartlist results: Sortable, rankable, templatable
• TickerPicker: Instantaneous access to any security regardless of database size • Built-in 200 page pdf User Manual
• Compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 and higher
Mac OS X Exclusive!
ProTA looks like a Mac app, runs like a Mac app, and behaves like a Mac app, because it is a
100% modern Mac OS X application written in Objective-C and Swift.