* New Fundamental data acquisition approach implemented.
* Added new fundamental data record and associated ProTAscript command: $Beta.
* Added option and shift-option File menu commands to batch export chart image files.
* Added Lock Tickers command/toggle to Charts menu to help prevent accidentally changing a chart's assigned ticker symbol.
* Improved Trade Data Inspector panel to more clearly allow for short sales.
* Adding an indicator, line study or text item to a chart no longer forces a previously hidden right-side panel to slide out.
* Fixed Range Ruler text rendering issue (iOS only).
* Fixed certain Content Table trade data cells to properly display empty cells when previously entered trade data has been cleared out.
* Fixed unwanted ghost crosshairs that could render when a chart suite window was in full screen mode.
* Fixed issue where the Function Library could remain empty if its search box was typed into and then cleared.
* Fixed text color issue for System Test reports when rendered in dark mode.
* Fixed possible crash when applying Settings to Lines Studies or Text items.
* Many code updates for macOS deprecations.
* Fixed a potential mouse-tracking issue with macOS Ventura.
* Added support for macOS 13 Ventura.
* Added automatic file-repairing for certain ProTA data files that could become corrupted under rare circumstances with older versions of ProTA, particularly Column Template files.
* Several alerts and tooltips have been added/expanded upon for additional clarity.
* Intraday line studies now retain their intraday anchor date(s) when making edits in their inspector panel.
* Intraday timeframe Crosshairs tool now renders properly onto any other open Daily periodicity charts.
* Improved the global persistence state of all File Browser table column widths.
* File Browser's "Modified" table column can now be shrunk to a more hidden width.
* Fixed potential app crash related to TickerIsInSuite() function.
* Volume Profile displays the trading volume that has taken place at the various price levels within the chart. A unique plot style, Volume Profile renders as a horizontal histogram where each bar represents the number of shares traded at the corresponding price range.
* Price ranges with low (shorter) Volume Profile bars (L), provide little trading resistance - trading moves quickly, higher and lower, through these areas.
* Price ranges with high (longer) Volume Profile bars (H), reveal a battle between bulls and bears - these ranges commonly highlight expected support/resistance levels.
* The price at which the most volume was traded will be the longest bar and is referred to as the Point of Control (POC).
* The Value Area (VA), typically set to 70%, is the range of prices surrounding the POC such that 70% of the total volume is included in the VA. Highlighting the VA reveals where most of the trading has taken place within the visible chart.
* Every chart plot’s popup display menu now includes new Price Highlighting options:
A chart with all three price highlighting options enabled: High Bubbles, Low Bubbles and Y-Axis Highlighting.
* ProTAscript pragmas !Line1 - !Line5 have been expanded to accept an optional, fifth parameter to specify any of the three new price highlighting options in your Custom Indicator code. The new, fifth parameter should be any combination of the letters H, L and Y to respectively specify the inclusion of High Bubble, Low Bubble and Y-Axis Highlight for the plotted output line:
!Line1(888888, 1, 0, 0, HL)
Gray color, normal line thickness, no dropline, no adornments, High & Low Bubbles.
!Line1(00FF00, 3, 1, 0, LY)
Green color, fat line thickness, dropline, no adornments, Low Bubble & Y-Axis Highlight.
* Any ProTAscript formula can now include up to ten !Text pragmas to convert numerical output into text or emoji output when used in a Chart Suite’s Content Table.
!Text1(BUY) will convert the custom indicator’s output to the text BUY whenever the output evaluates to integer 1.
!Text0(BEARISH) will convert the custom indicator’s output to the text BEARISH whenever the output evaluates to integer 0.
!Text2(🔥) will convert the custom indicator’s output to the emoji 🔥 whenever the output evaluates to integer 2.
* The Range Ruler Line Study can now render as a framed, and optionally filled, rectangle shape to better highlight trading ranges within a chart.
* It is now possible to test if the current ticker is present in any of your saved Custom Content Chart Suite files. For example, you may have a saved Chart Suite where you have added your 30 favorite stocks. Let’s assume this saved Chart Suite is named “My Favorites”. One use for TickerIsInSuite() is to highlight these ‘favorites’ in any chart suite’s content table with a 💎 custom indicator column as shown below:
* Often when creating a Chart Suite’s content listing, we need to add a new ticker - but sometimes that ticker does not yet exist in your global TickerPicker database. You can now simply option-click on the + Rows button in any Chart Suite window to add a new Row while specifying a brand new ticker symbol, all in one step.
* Similarly, when reviewing items in a Chart Suite, we often find items that should be removed, not just from this particular document, but also from the global TickerPicker. You can now simply option-click on the - Rows button in any Chart Suite window to remove the ticker from the current window as well as from the TickerPicker database.
* Choosing cmd-T when viewing a chart suite will now mirror the same ticker selection in the TickerPicker window.
* Added Remove Selected Tickers command to TickerPicker gear/contextual popup menus.
* Fixed issue pasting tickers into content tables when text included unicode/emoji characters.
* Custom Indicator plot Adornments now respect the !SkipZeros pragma.
* Sync Time Scale now better respects the X-axis "End With Last Date" setting in multi-grid chart suites.
* Chart Suites can now be accessed via hotkeys: ⌘-1 through ⌘-0 keyboard shortcuts.
* Assign or remove hotkey assignments via new commands in the File menu or in the Chart Suites Gear widget menu.
* Your ProTA Mobile app is always ready for a database sync with the new Daily or Hourly Auto-Sync options in the ProTA Mobile Sync window.
* Click the new Gear widget in the ProTA Mobile Sync window to configure the timing of the automated uploads.
* When adding new ticker symbols to your ProTA database, the Ticker Listing popup now includes an option for Swiss Stocks.
* Trendlines are now more intelligently hidden from display when switching Periodicities.
* Improved pane-matching logic when applying a Chart Template that contains Texts and Line Studies.
* Chart X-Axis scroll-one-date arrow cursors are now properly disabled when chart is fully scrolled to beginning or end of data.
* Fixed formatting of text in the New Version alert window.
* Fixed issue with multiple crosshairs displaying when other windows were merged into hidden tabs.
* When adding new tickers, the Ticker Lists now include new categories for Cryptos and Futures.
* All existing Ticker List categories have been updated with current lists from the various exchanges.
* The following ProTAscript functions now accept computed variable (Array) parameters: AutoLRTL(), AutoRL(), AutoTL(), StdDev(), MA(). This allows for some entirely new approaches in some of your existing indicators. For example, the code below now plots Linear Regression channels using a computed or specific start date of your choice:
Another example uses the new variable array Period parameter of the MA() function to compute the Hull Moving Average:
* Added Scroll Chart One Date Forward/Backward commands to the Charts menu as well as mouse-clickable areas on the left and right sides of the Time (X) Axis.
* Added Edit Name command to all source file tables' gear widget.
* Adding a new file to any authoring window now begins an immediate edit session of the “Untitled” default name.
* Daily Trendlines are now hidden on Intraday charts to prevent misleading renders.
* Custom Indicator file and Trading System file modification triggers are now more strictly determined to limit unnecessary chart recalculations.
* Intraday timeframe Crypto and Index charts will now update around the clock.
* Reduced iCloud Sync file size by removing additional unnecessary files before uploading.
* Improved timing fidelity of automated Yahoo sessions.
* Fixed issue with multiple crosshairs displaying when other windows were hidden to the Dock.
* Fixed a potential corruption issue when adding and removing many columns to a content table over time.
* Networking adjustments to accommodate the new 2021 Yahoo query limits.
* Improved the information provided in the Yahoo session logs (Tools menu: Logs).
* Additional log files are now generated and saved in the ProTA/Logs folder.
* Data Downloader window (cmd-D) now displays estimated time remaining and improved status messaging.
* Exporting intraday data now includes time of day in the date field.
* Fixed time zone shifting issue related to intraday charting.
* Additional stability bug fixes.